Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice Storm 2011

Chris and Jason trying to knock first round of ice from driveway

Frozen basketball goal

Ice on trees

Today has been another LONG day - these dreary, winter days in Ohio are getting depressing. We woke up to ice on the roads, driveways, trees, everything. Chris called the base weather report, and they had delayed reporting until 10:00. He ran on the treadmill, and by the time he called again at 8:00, they had closed the base. Thankfully, he wouldn't have to get out in this mess, but unfortunately, that meant the commissary was closed, also. We have enough food, but hopefully, we have enough until I can get to the store. If the power goes out tonight, it might prove a blessing that we don't have alot of food in the fridge.
Nothing has come down during the day, but now at 7:00, we can hear the freezing rain starting up again. The second round is supposed to hit overnight and be worse than yesterday. Hopefully, we will retain power. I pray for everyone who has to be out in this mess to try to make sure that doesn't happen, and those who had to go to work anyway despite the weather.
The weather is dreary, and I feel worse. I pray I am not coming down with the flu, but I have been all achy and tired and stopped up and cold all day! I pray I can get a good night's sleep tonight and that we wake up with power.
Getting ready to curl up on the sofa and watch The Biggest Loser and maybe do a little cross stitching! Need to do something productive!




No comments:

Post a Comment