Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy 38th Birthday to MOM (Sharon)!!!

The two best gifts I have - my kids!

My cookie cake

Vera Bradley apron and recipe box set from Rachel

Willow Tree Mother/Son figurine from Jason

So today is my birthday! I don't feel any older than I did the day before. The kids had given me my presents on Sunday, so today was just another day. The sun decided to shine for most of the day which was nice, because we knew that bad weather was on the way. After lunch, the kids wanted to go out back and shoot basketball, so I let them play out back for over 30 minutes. We didn't start History until almost 2:00. When we were finished, we played games on the computer and then around 4:15, Jason says, "Mom we forgot drum lessons." WHOOPS!! I couldn't believe we forgot to take him to lessons. I was even more confused because his teacher hadn't called us. I still haven't heard from her. Oh well, we will go next week, and hopefully we can carry over this payment to next month.
After we realized we forgot drums, I realized that I didn't have any meat for dinner, so we ran to Kroger and picked up some fried chicken, and a few other things in case the power goes out and I couldn't get to the store tomorrow.
Thankfully, Chris got home in time to take Jason to indoor soccer training, so I could have a few minutes to myself. Ended up talking to Mrs. Kakie for over 30 minutes, and then headed to Bible Study.
Shawn surprised me with a yellow cake with chocolate icing, and a sweet coffee cup that holds several cups of coffee. It says Good friends are like stars, you don't need to see them to know they are there. That made my day!! She is truly a dear friend.
When I returned from Bible study, the kids and Chris had picked up a bouquet of flowers and had it waiting on the bar for me!! Great ending to a great birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment