Monday, February 7, 2011

A new Day

So Rachel was still sick today, so we took her to the doctor. She just has a bad cold, so she probably has what has been lingering with me for over a week. While we were there, I mentioned how she itches her eyes constantly, so the doctor suggested getting some drops for dry eyes. Also, we talked about how all this itching has come about since she started wearing glasses. Strange, I know! We stopped and got her some eye drops, and the doctor said to let her stop wearing her glasses for now. Of course, Rachel was relieved for that! If the drops work, she will start wearing her glasses again and we will see if the itching stops while wearing glasses and then we know she just has dry eyes! All day her fever lingered, but thankfully, Chris could make it home in time to take Jason to indoor soccer practice and I could get to Bible Study on time.
I am so thankful to be back in Bible Study. I have taken this Bible study before, Beth Moore's Esther: It's Tough being a Woman, but I am getting a new Word from it each week. Last week there was so much, I need to write it down here to remember years from now.
The main thing that hit home was about Esther facing her fear - the fear of dying if she went in front of the king without being summoned! Beth then spoke about how we need to learn to live in faith, and not fear. Not living with conditional faith or trust that God won't let anything happen to us, but just living the faith and trust that if something does (and statistically the thing we are most scared about rarely happens), that God WILL GET US THROUGH!! She asked us to list our If this happened _____________, then ___________. For instance, if Chris died while on a trip, then I probably couldn't go on. We learned last night that we HAVE to learn to fill in that last part of the blank with then GOD.
WOW - I thank God for showing this to me AGAIN. I pray that I can learn not to let the devil get a foothold on what I fear the most, and learn to trust God that WHATEVER happens, He will get me through. I thank God for loving me enough and for making me a child of His. I pray that I can live a life pleasing and holy to Him, and worry only about pleasing Him and not those around me!
I am not "one mistake away from Him leaving me this way" (Casting Crowns), but I am one mistake away from staying where I am at and not living out my destiny!
What would life be like if we could live without fear? I can only imagine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment