Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sickness

Well, last night was dreadful. Chris and I went to bed around 11, and at 12:30, Chris was up with Rachel and he said she was on fire, so I took her temperature, and it was 104.7! YIKES - I spent the next hour and a half trying to get the temperature to go down, and by 2:00, she was back down to around 100. She finally went to sleep without coughing around 5:30 and didn't wake up until 8:45. All day I gave her dose after dose of Ibuprofen/Tylenol, and her temp stays around 100.
We ran to the post office to send off Kaylee Cross's present and then dropped the van off to get maintenance done. Mainly the brakes needed to be checked. After we got home, we did our school lessons and spent the rest of the day praying that Rachel's fever would break.
I watched the Beth Moore DVD for Monday night since I won't be able to be there, and the kids played the computer. After watching the DVD, I called the clinic's nurses' hotline, and spoike with a nurse about Rachel. She said there is a bad virus going around where the fever lasts for 3-4 days, so to bring her in tomorrow if the temp hasn't broken by then. After Chris got home, we picked up the van, and Jason and I went to church.
We are starting a parenting class by Chip Ingram: Parenting an Effective Child in a Defective World. Chris stayed home with Rachel since I stayed home last night and next week I will be chauffeur. I really enjoyed the class - our pastor is leading it and I think over the next 9 weeks, we can learn alot about being better parents.
The biggest thing I learned tonight is that I need to be who I want my kids to become: do I really want them living like I live everyday in every way?
Rachel's temp was only 98.6 when I left, but now at bedtime, it's back up to 100. If her temp isn't down tomorrow, we will be taking her back to the doctor.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Rachel is feeling better soon! Also, let us know how that parenting course is. Chet has talked about doing one at our church, and I don't think he's settled on a curriculum yet.

    Dusty

    ReplyDelete