Thursday, February 17, 2011

Playdate with Moshers

Today started VERY EARLY for us! We were all up by 6:30 and out the door by 7:00 to head to the clinic for my appt at 7:30. I promised the kids we would eat at McDonald's for breakfast since we had to be there so early.
The appt went well - I wasn't sure if I wanted to hear that I had anything severe, or if I just wanted to get some medicine and some relief. Of course, I have nothing more than a bad virus (which Rachel had last week), so the doc prescribed some Sudafed and Nasonex and said come back Monday if I don't feel any better.
We enjoyed our breakfast at McDonald's amidst all of the stares of people wondering why my children aren't in school. It's getting really old! I do educate my children, but we can't stay cooped up in the house all day and only come out after 2:30 when other children are getting out of school. Sorry, that was my soapbox.
We finished up lessons today fairly quickly and cleaned the upstairs. Both kids were a HUGE help.
We left at 12:00 to head to the Moshers because Ruth had asked if Jason could come to play with Joseph last week, and today was the day. After I got there, Joseph informed me we were 30 minutes late, and I felt so bad. I have been feeling so out of it the last few days that I didn't read her email right and thought it said 12:30.
Anyway, we were there until 3:00 when they needed to leave for karate, and we all enjoyed our time with them. The kids played nicely, and I heard lots of laughing, which is music to my ears. I so enjoyed talking to Ruth - she is such a classy lady. She made some wonderful chicken salad for us to eat and had some homemade chocolate chip cookie. She loves to cook and bake.
As I am writing this, I have taken 2 doses of Sudafed and feel so much better. Jason and Rachel went to bed earlier than normal tonight, b/c everyone is so tired. I am going to enjoy the quiet and catch up on my Bible Study.
Chris comes home tomorrow - YEAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment