Thursday, February 10, 2011

Finally well

Today has been such a better day! Rachel has been fever free since we went to bed last night. She was in such a better mood today, and seemed to be back to her old self. After we finished school work, we cleaned upstairs. Rachel was dusting our bedroom, and she said it was hard work. I told her I know because I used to clean the whole upstairs by myself. She said, "Well, that's why you have kids, so they can help you." So sweet. I told her I appreciated her help. She is such a good helper, and always looking for ways to make my mundane tasks easier.
After dinner, I went to a PEACH (Parents Educating at Christian Homes) meeting with Melissa Bonifield. The first 30 minutes a former graduate of PEACH and of Cedarville University (a Christian college) spoke about the importance of music education. I really enjoyed that. Rachel is excited to be starting piano by the summer. Jason is already enjoying the drums.
After her talk, several of the moms had their curriculums set up where we could go around and look at different options and ask questions. Many questions were answered for me, and I really enjoyed looking at so many different things. I am not sure still what exactly we are going to use next year, but several subjects have been decided. Will probably finish making decisions after the homeschool convention in the first of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment