Saturday, March 12, 2011

State VBS training/choir performance

The kids got to meet Jeff Slaughter (the writer of all the Lifeway VBS songs for the last 15 years)

Most of the kids from our FBK group - singing with the state VBS choir

"Love you More"

I want to "LOVE YOU MORE"

"By Faith"

After our busy night last night, the state VBS training was today and our church, First Baptist Kettering was hosting. I couldn't go all day, but I wanted to at least attend the recreation training. The rec training was the first session of the morning at 8:30. I overslept and barely made it out the door by 8:00, but I made it on time anyway. I enjoyed the training and getting to play some of the games we will play. After the training, I went home to get Jason. He had to be back at the church by noon to eat lunch, and practice with the state VBS choir. 10 kids from 10 churches would be performing in the last general session at 2:30. Unfortunately, Rachel wasn't asked to do it, so she was a little upset by that, but I told her maybe next year. She and I had lunch together while Chris did a 2 hour run, and then the 3 of us headed back to church to listen to the choir sing. I was so excited for all of them. They did a GREAT job, and the best part of the whole day was getting to meet Jeff Slaughter. Jeff has written all and choreographed all of the VBS songs for Lifeway for the last 15 years! What an honor to get to meet him and Jason got his autograph on his VBS shirt. After the musical, I was glad he hung around to meet some of the kids, so Rachel was able to get in a picture with him, too! Our day ended with a quiet evening at home - wow, the weekend just doesn't last long enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment