Friday, March 11, 2011

EXCELebration DAY/Science Fair

Science Fair project - can magnetic levitation be used for transportation?
Jason reading his part in the musical


O-H-I-O (I can't believe we have the kids on tape doing the Ohio State Buckeyes song)


"Fifty Nifty United States"



The kids were so excited for their big day! All school year at EXCEL they have been practicing for tonight. Chris took the day off, so he and Jason finished up his science project. We went to Dayton Christian to set up for the fair, and then went to Wal-Mart to look around while we waited on the judging to be over. We got back to the school around 4:15 and he was finished! We decided we didn't have enough time to drive the 30 minutes home and then be back by 6:30, so we went to Hometown Buffet to eat supper, and then went to Sam's to look around while we killed time.
We went back to the school at 6:30 to get ready for the EXCELebration. Each grade had a display of different projects they had completed at EXCEL. The musical was great. The muscial was based on Ohio, so each song had something to do with a facet of Ohio. I learned alot through listening to the songs, so I know the kids learned alot about our state during music time at EXCEL. The teachers all did a great job!
During the production, I kept thinking, this is where my kids need to be. We have been praying about which avenue to take with homeschooling next year, and it was like I got a peace about what we should do. I told Chris afterwards that I felt we should go through Dayton Christian again next year, and he agreed. The kids were excited, because I think they wanted to be in the same program, too, but were waiting for us to hear from God.
I told Stephanie (the homeschool principal) after the program that I felt like I had received our answer, and I asked her to call me next week to set up a time to interview for any EXCEL positions that might come available over the next few months. Thank you God for answering our prayer right when we needed it!




No comments:

Post a Comment