Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Last Upward practice

Today was a learning experience for Rachel: she was giving me a hard time doing her Phonics lesson, and I told her if she continued with the attitude that we would not go to Michael's to get beads for her to make bracelets. Within 10 minutes, she was being defiant and refusing to work, so I explained politely that we wouldn't get the beads. She cried for about 15 minutes, but then realized I was sticking to my guns, and that she can't be upset with me for the choices she made. I was just happy that I followed through on what I said, b/c normally I would give in and say, "well, if you have a good afternoon, we may still go." She worked the rest of the day without any complaints. I am learning alot in this parenting class.
We headed to the kids' last Upward practice. I enjoyed Zumba, and then the parents were going to scrimmage with the kids during Jason's practice, but after 2 trips down the floor, I was done for. I guess I shouldn't have done Zumba (at least that was my excuse) :)
Missing Chris and wishing that Thursday would come faster than it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment