Friday, March 18, 2011

Last Regular EXCEL day

The kids were excited to go to EXCEL today. This would be their last regular EXCEL day, because the last 3 are for taking the SATs.
They took the OLSAT test today, and thankfully, Rachel said she didn't get nervous or scared, so hopefully through being at home this year, she has gotten over some of her test anxiety. She said the test was easy, so we will see how she does in June when the results come in.
While the kids were at EXCEL, I went to JK's house and babysat Jacqueline while she went to the doctor. I was so happy to be hanging out with a 20 month old. Sometimes I miss having a little one. Oh, to do it all over again.
As I was heading home, I was able to talk to Jennie for a little while, and then we decided to finish our talk Friday night after we returned from CROWN.
After EXCEL, we went on base and took Rachel's glasses to get the new lense put in at the optical shop.
When we got home, I called to check on Norman, and Mom told me to call him on his room phone, but she warned me that he wasn't able to comprehend much and was having a hard time speaking. When I called, I felt like I was talking to a 2 yr old, b/c he wasn't himself. I mentioned basketball was on, and he had no idea what I was talking about - WHAT? This isn't Norman? I talked to Mom again, and through our conversation, she mentioned he had a stroke, and I said I knew that on Tuesday he had a stroke, and Mom said, "No, Sharon, he had a stroke in the hospital sometime early Wednesday." WOW, that was a shock. I totally misunderstood her when she told me he had a stroke, I thought she meant that's what sent him to the hospital on Tuesday. I kept asking her if I need to come down, but she said, no, because he isn't life threatening right now. A part of me wants to go, but the other says, Wait. I will just sit by and be ready if/when I need to go.
Friday night ended well with our CROWN meeting! We have such an awesome group. I am blessed after each of our meetings.
When I got home and put the kids to bed, I called Jennie to finish our conversation. We ended up talking until midnight. While I was on the phone, she got a text from Joe saying that Lindsay had gone forward to make a commitment of faith while at Ski and Share! Oh, were the angels singing! I was so thankful to get to be a part of that. I miss them so much and can't wait to visit in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment